Dental Implant Solutions
Dentist in Vancouver WA
What are the different dental implant solutions for replacing missing teeth?
Even though advanced dentistry has helped many people keep their natural teeth as long as possible, many continue to suffer from tooth loss.
Not only does missing teeth have an impact on the person’s self-esteem and the way people perceive them, but this also affects the foods they can eat, their speech, and most importantly their overall health. There is a direct correlation between waiting to replace the missing teeth to losing more teeth, having further gum problems, more headaches, bone loss in the jaw, and even an increased risk for heart disease.
Here are the common types of restorative options to replace teeth:
- Dental implants: this can be used for someone who is missing a single tooth. The dental implant serves as an artificial tooth root where you can place a dental crown overtop of it.
- Bridges with implants: this is used when a person have a few missing teeth in a row, and the recommendation could be to use a bridge which uses a dental implant to support a bridge, instead of having multiple dental implants for each missing tooth.
- Dentures with implants: this treatment is used to replace a full set of upper or lower teeth, where there are a few implants (traditional or mini) placed throughout the jaw to fix in a denture.
Benefits of Dental Implants, Bridges, and Dentures
The dental implant solutions have a success rate of over 98%. With proper care, this treatment can last a lifetime. Here are a few of the benefits from dental implants:
- A brand new smile
- The ability to chew and eat again
- The improvement in speech
- Durability of the treatment that should last a lifetime
- Improvement in health
- Improvement in the quality of life
- Increased bone growth
Dr. Jared Bowyer DDS offers these solutions in Vancouver, WA. For more information, please visit our website or call us at 360-253-2640, we would be more than happy to answer any of your questions.