Preventative Dental Care
Having a healthy and beautiful smile isn’t just a matter of dental work – it also requires regular preventative dental care to maintain. Prevention is always better than treatment. It’s much better to keep dental problems from happening than to fix them after they occur. A little bit of prevention saves both time and money.
Regular dental checkups and cleanings by a dental professional are a key part of maintaining your oral health. How frequently you go to the dentist depends on your current dental health. Most people should see their dentist every six months. Patients with more regular dental problems should have a checkup or cleaning done every 3-4 months.
A proper preventative care regimen consists of both care you do at home, and care performed at regular intervals by your dentist. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Bowyer who can advise you on the best in-home routine as well as provide a personalized professional cleaning recommendation for you.
Dental examinations are an important preventative measure that can identify oral health problems before they become worse. They can also save money – problems are easier to resolve while they are small. If you wait too long, a dental issue could become expensive, or even impossible to resolve. During a regular dental exam, Dr. Bowyer will:
• Visually check for signs of tooth decay
• Evaluate your risk for gum disease
• Take x-rays of your mouth to check for cysts, tumors, invisible tooth decay, and dental issues within your jaw
• Screen for oral cancer
Regular dental exams are often fully covered by insurance, so getting a regular checkup may be less expensive than you think. Check with your insurance company about preventative care coverage.
i-CAT Dental Exams
Dr. Bowyer is one of only a few general dentists in the Vancouver, WA area that offers advanced dental imaging using the i-CAT system. With this advanced dental diagnosis technology, Dr. Bowyer can identify dental issues before you even open your mouth. The i-CAT provides quick and insightful dental imaging for the most accurate dental diagnosis, such as:
• Panoramic radiographs.
• Full 3D images of teeth and the jaw.
• Airway and sinus assessment.
• Crowns, roots, developing teeth, impactions, dental implants, and alveolar bone.
For patients, the i-CAT 3D Dental Imaging System translates into several significant advantages:
• Higher standard of care.
• More accurate treatment planning.
• Avoiding the cost and discomfort of exploratory surgery.
• Less radiation than traditional hospital CT scanners.
• Avoid costs of impression molds.
• A more complete diagnosis for better dental health.
Dr. Bowyer’s office in pleased to offer this new level of technology for the best in dental care for Vancouver patients.
Regular dental cleanings by a trained professional can help you take your dental health to the next level. No matter how good your brushing and flossing technique is, you’ll probably miss a few spots. Your dentist will also have access to better tools and equipment that can get your teeth as clean as they can be. During a regular cleaning, a dental hygienist will:
- Remove plaque from your teeth
- Remove tartar from your gum line
- Polish and remove stains from your teeth
Dr. Bowyer can provide dental care for your whole family. From braces for the kids to dentures for grandma, we have you covered. Schedule a free consultation with Dr. Bowyer, where he can understand your family’s needs. Each member of your family will get a custom treatment plan to best fit the care of their mouth and your family’s budget.
Why Dr. Bowyer?
Dr. Bowyer has been serving families in the Vancouver, Washington area for over 15 years. He has performed thousands of dental procedures for patients of all ages, and can work with you and your family on a treatment plan that fits in your busy schedule.
In addition to his extensive experience, Dr. Bowyer is highly regarded by his family dentistry patients. Just read through our many reviews to see all the positive experiences shared by the families in our care.
Ready To Take The Next Step?
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Bowyer to discuss your preventative dental care options. You can call us at (360) 253-2640, email us at email@example.com, or use the form on this page to request a free consultation.
Learn More About Preventative Dental Care
- 4 Reasons Seniors Should Monitor Their Dental HealthOur oral health is a direct contributor to our overall health, whether we are young or old. As we age, our dental needs change. For older adults, medications and chronic diseases can have a large impact on our overall dental health, causing issues such as teeth decay or gum disease. It is just as important …
- What is Gingivitis? How Do I Prevent It?What is Gingivitis: Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums, otherwise known as gingiva. It is a non-destructive type of periodontal disease in its basic form. Gingivitis occurs when food and plaque gets trapped between the gum line and the teeth, in an area called the sulcus. The leading indicator of this disease is gum bleeding …
- Do’s & Don’ts Before Your Dental CleaningDo’s & Don’ts Before Your Dental Cleaning Do you get nervous before your dental cleanings? Are you worried about what your dentist will think of your dental hygiene habits? At Dr. Bowyer’s office, we want to help you be as comfortable as possible for your regular dental cleanings as well as get the best care …
- 6 Signs You Need To See the Dentist6 Signs You Need to See the Dentist This year has brought many new challenges, including decisions about how to balance our dental health with the new risks of COVID-19. One of the things that we’ve heard many patients ponder is when they should seek dental treatment and care vs when they should simply step …
- How to Care For Your Teeth When You Can’t Get in For a Dental CleaningThe past few weeks have brought about significant change in many industries. From our favorite restaurants shutting down to jobs being worked from home – there is no person in Vancouver who has not experienced a dramatic shift in their life from COVID-19. One of the early changes in our state was to shut down …